Wednesday 31 July 2013

Why Upgraded Coffee?

(Upgraded Coffee is available exclusively from Upgraded Ireland)

One of the questions I had when I initially set out on my Bulletproof journey was - "Why do I need Upgraded Coffee? Surely I can get a cheap jar in the supermarket which will serve the same function?"

You can, but it won't. The fact of the matter is, it's just not Bulletproof Coffee if it's not made with Upgraded Coffee beans.

For the first month or so I made my Bulletproof Coffee with freeze dried instant coffee. "This is great", I thought to myself. But I was wrong. The first time I tasted Upgraded Coffee it changed everything, and there's no way I'd ever go back to "normal" coffee again.

There's several reasons why. First is the most obvious reason - taste. I've been a coffee drinker most of my adult life. Americanos, lattes, mochas, espressos, orange mocha frappucinos, you name it, I'll drink it. I've gotten beans from Gloria Jeans (ha, that rhymes) - none of them compare taste-wise to upgraded. I've never drank a more smooth, rich and aromatic coffee than this. Delightful.



Second is the energy it gives. Normally with coffee you get a pretty big caffeine high, which when that fades off means you crash pretty badly - ever get a headache from drinking coffee? That's your body crashing from caffeine withdrawl, the only cure for which is - you've guessed it - more coffee. This doesn't happen with Upgraded Coffee - it's a smooth energy release and doesn't give you the side effects associated with regular coffee.

The reason for this is explained on Bulletproof Diet creator Dave Asprey's website, http://www.bulletproofexec.com/. It's the way the beans are harvested -


"Most coffee beans are processed by either leaving them in the sun and elements to wither and spoil as they dry, or by pressing them and letting them ferment (spoil) to remove the outer layer of the bean. Both of these techniques are known to produce significant levels of mycotoxins as they enhance flavor. Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee beans are processed right after picking using a process that avoids any chance of fermentation. This more expensive process is safer because it dramatically reduces harmful molds or bacteria from impacting your health."
When combined with MCT Oil and grass fed, unsalted butter to make Bulletproof Coffee, you're on to an out and out winner. Tonnes of energy across the day, mental focus, and it helps to burn fat too. What are you waiting for? Give it a go. You won't regret it.

And you won't go back, either.

Check out the Upgraded Ireland Facebook page for details on how to order Upgraded Coffee, MCT Oil and Alpha Brain (I'll be writing more on Alpha Brain in a future blog)

And check out Dave Asprey explaining Upgraded Coffee here


1 comment:

  1. 100% Ruairi ... I always got a headache after the initial high of a morning coffee. With the bulletproof upgraded coffee I'm clear headed, alert, full of energy & (most importantly) not hunger all the way till lunch. Best switch I've ever made.

    ReplyDelete